Monday 8 November 2010

Book Club News


The Book Club have just finished reading The Island by Victoria Hislop. Here are a few of our reviews:

I thought this book was amazing. I found the story really interesting. It made you feel as if you were really there.
I give it 9½ out of 10
Alice Pritchard

It is one of my favourite books and I absolutely love it. I was gripped from the very beginning. It made me feel as if I was actually a character in the book. The detailed world the author creates is amazing. A definite MUST read!
I give it 10 out of 10
Miss C Parkhouse

Emotional and full of sadness, but touching. It pulls on your heart strings
I give it 8 out of 10
Naomi Mombutshi

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found it particularly interesting as I’ve been to Spinalonga. Hislop manages to mix believable fictional characters with a horrifically real disease to create a novel that leaves a gap in your life when you finish it.
I give it 10 out of 10
Mrs R Hughes