Wednesday 21 March 2012

The Hunger Games


The Hunger Games, the science fiction, action-drama directed by Gary Ross and based on the novel of the same name by Suzanne Collins will be in cinemas this Friday!  The film has a 12A certificate.
Here are a few reviews from our Book Club members about the book:


'I liked this book very much.  It really caught my attention and I couldn’t stop reading it.  I liked all the characters and wasn’t bored when I was reading it because there was always a new topic or a new adventure to read about.  I admired Katniss.  This is the best book I have ever read in my life!'

'The Hunger Games is one of the best books I have read in a very long time.  It was extremely gripping and I was hooked into the story from the start.  It’s full of action and each page keeps you wanting to read onto the next.  A fantastic book!  Highly recommended!'

'A gripping, effortless twist on the dystopian genre.  The most well-paced and suspense-filled book I have ever read.  The elements I find fault with are so few I can count them on one hand (and I’m a harsh critic!).  I defy anyone not to enjoy this book.'